Defensive Carbine 101
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$250.00
The Defensive Carbine 101 course is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during personal defense event.
Some of the topics we may cover:
- Four Points of Contact with a Rifle
- Balancing Speed and Precision
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Defensive Shooting Positions: Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Lateral Movement
- Transitioning to a Sidearm (2-day course)
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing (2-day course)
The DC101 course is physically challenging, with a lot of activity and high round count.
Students will fire around 600 rounds during a 1-day course or 1000 over a two day course and around 100 handgun rounds during the 2-day course.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
No Prerequisites one 1-day, but you should be somewhat comfortable with your rifle. For the 2-day course, a student must have completed at least one of our Defensive Handgun 101, 102, or 360 courses.
1-day course $250
2-day course $350