Go beyond the required concealed carry, or ccw, certification course and develop true defensive shooting skills. Our Defensive Handgun Fundamentals course is the big piece that is not covered during the concealed carry permit certification courses. In this course, we build defensive shooting skills in context of an ambush-style attack in a public environment. Presentation from the holster, defensive shooting concepts, and other skills are covered during this live-fire course on the range.
This course is offered as both one and two full days of intense training, teaching and practice on the range.
Topics We May Cover:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Presenting the Handgun from a Holster
- Defensive Accuracy
- Lateral Movement
- Real World Assessment
- Speed vs Precision and How they Relate to One Another
- Reloading During an Emergency
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions During an Ambush-Style Attack
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Clearing Malfunctions
This defensive handgun training course is all about quickly developing fundamental skills that can be applied during a worst-case ambush-style defensive shooting situation while concealed carrying.
Students will typically fire about 400 rounds during a 1-day course or about 900 over a two day course.
- Your defensive handgun
- At least 3 magazines for double-stack, 5 for single-stack handguns
- 500 rounds of ammunition per day of training
- A good quality, rigid holster that allows for one-handed re-holstering. If you need to borrow one, we need to know prior to the course.
- A way to carry spare magazines on your person (a pocket is fine)
- Ear and Eye Protection
1 Day: $250
2 Day: $350
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
While we do not have prerequisites on this course, it is best to be somewhat comfortable with your handgun. If you are just starting out, our Introduction to Defensive Handgun course (Defensive Handgun 100) or a private training session are better options.