Chances are that you spend plenty of time in or around a vehicle just about everyday of your life. Learning how to specifically fight from within and around vehicles is something that every armed person should do after establishing their defensive shooting fundamentals. Our Armed Defense Around Vehicles Course is specific to handguns during one day courses, but does expand to rifles during two day courses.
Topics We May Cover:
- Review of Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting
- Cover vs. Concealment, with Demos.
- Shooting through automotive glass, (with students shooting their guns/ammo)
- Shooting through vehicles (various areas, students’ guns/ammo)
- Using Vehicles as cover while engaging threats.
- Engaging a Threat that is Using a Vehicle as Cover.
- Fighting from Within a Vehicle.
- Using a vehicle as a Defensive Tool.
- Other topics driven by student questions, context and gear.
Students will typically fire about 200 rounds during a 1-day course or about 500 over a two day course.
- Your defensive handgun
- At least 3 magazines for double-stack, 5 for single-stack handguns
- 300 rounds of ammunition per day of training
- A small amount of defensive ammunition if you would like to test it through the vehicle.
- A good quality, rigid holster that allows for one-handed re-holstering. If you need to borrow one, we need to know prior to the course.
- A way to carry spare magazines on your person (a pocket is fine)
- Ear and Eye Protection
1 Day: $300
2 Day: $400
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Prior completion of one of our Defensive Handgun 101 or 102 courses is mandatory.