While our places of worship are generally free of violence, these types of encounters take place every day through the United States. In fact, violent crime has been on the rise on faith-based properties and events in recent years. Law enforcement plays a huge role in dealing with these events, however, those present at the time are the ones that are forced to respond first. Because of this, it is important to be both proactive in normal operations and have training for what to do during a violent encounter. While we cover several types of situations, this training course is usually focused on responding to an armed or unarmed attacker.
This course is typically hosted by a place of worship for their staff or volunteers, or those serving from surrounding places of worship. Reach out to us if you are interested in hosting. We also highly custom tailor these classes to fir the needs of the host facility.
The non-live-fire seminar is designed to provide houses of worship with a broad overview of planning for the worse-case of an active shooter event, as well as dealing with more common day to day situations.
Classroom Seminars May Include:
- History and Statistics
- Applicable Laws
- Building Safety Teams
- Team Communication
- Use of Force Options
- Understanding Firearms
- Carrying vs Staging
- Use of lights
- Cover & Concealment
- Shooting in Crowded Spaces
- Communicating with 911
- Immediate Casualty Care
- Interacting with Law Enforcement
- Training Simulations or Scenarios
Live-Fire Course Topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting
- Presentation from the Holster While Carrying Concealed
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- One Handed Shooting
- Cover and Concealment
- Shooting in Crowded Environments
- Extreme Precision and Unreasonable Distances
Students will typically fire about 400 rounds during a 1-day course or about 800 over a two day course.
Gear Requirements For Live-Fire Classes
- Note-Taking Materials
- Your defensive handgun
- At least 3 magazines for double-stack, 5 for single-stack handguns
- 500 rounds of ammunition per day of training
- A good quality, rigid holster that allows for one-handed re-holstering. If you need to borrow one, we need to know prior to the course.
- A way to carry spare magazines on your person (a pocket is fine)
- Ear and Eye Protection
1 Day: $250
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Church staff or volunteers, current or retired law enforcement, others with prior approval.