Our Introduction to Defensive Handguns Course (Defensive Handgun 101) is designed to educate the student about the handguns that are best for personal defense inside the home, and how to use them efficiently in the context of a home defense scenario. This course is designed for those new to firearms who are interested in learning specifically about using a handgun for personal defense. No firearms experience necessary.
Our easy to learn model allows you to complete all of the conceptual information prior to coming out to the range, using our video-based learning system. This gives you more time to absorb the information, and leaves you better prepared for the live-fire training session.
- Firearm Safety
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- Overview of Defensive Handgun Types and Which Ones are Best for Personal Defense (E-Learning)
- Fundamental Tactics for Home Defense (E-Learning)
- Responsible Defensive Firearms Staging and Storage (E-Learning)
- Communicating with 911 and Dealing with a Law Enforcement Response (E-Learning)
- “Home Defense” shooting situation
- Defensive handgun, loaners available on request
- 2+ Magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition (100 for revolver shooters)
- Hearing Protection (Available at the class)
- Eye Protection (Available at the class)
(Price Includes Range Fees)