LA Concealed Handgun Permit Certification Course
April 22 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$145.00
We do cover shooting fundamentals in this course, but it is mandatory that you have some prior knowledge and shooting experience before signing up for our ICC course. This course is not a learn how to shoot course, it's more of a learn how not to shoot course. Louisiana does have a shooting qualification requirement, and it's this that mostly makes up the time at the range. Our Intro to Defensive Handguns course is a much better option for learning how to use firearms defensively as a new student. We also offer private training sessions that better prepare students for concealed carry. Please contact us if you’re interested in signing up for this course and a private training session at a discounted rate.
- Defensive handgun types, nomenclature
- Defensive firearms ammunition
- Holsters and holster presentation
- Should vs. Could
- Louisiana’s laws on using force
- Regulations surrounding the permit
- Alternative force options
- Storage and access prevention
- Defensive shooting fundamentals
- The importance of firearm cleaning
- Concealed carry considerations
- The aftermath of using a firearm in self-defense
Required gear for each shooter:
- Defensive Handgun with 2 mags for semi-autos.
- 50 rounds of ammo.
- Hearing and eye protection.
- The range gets dirty at times after rain, please bring shoes that you will not get upset if they get dirty.
- You may bring a lunch or pick up something from one of the fast-food type places nearby the classroom.